Templewood invests in innovative, specialist industrial businesses and works to transform those facing difficulty.
Despite common perceptions to the contrary, output from the British manufacturing sector has never been higher. We see a robust future for specialist businesses in the industrials sector both in the UK and in emerging economies. It is also true to say that many businesses competing in commoditised manufacturing industries have suffered from the financial downturn and increasing competition from overseas.
Our sector specialists are particularly interested in talking to owners and operators of the following:
- Assets requiring turnaround or transformation
- High performing assets with strong potential for domestic growth, bolt-on acquisitions or international expansion and constrained by insufficient capital
- A new product or market opportunity which we can accelerate and de-risk
We maintain a team of experienced industrial practitioners, all of whom are well-versed in the key challenges to a successful project in the sector. Unlike many financial sponsors, Templewood is able to provide much more than monitoring and governance support and will draw together a team to plan and implement operational improvements to boost the value of the business. These will likely include but may not be limited to the following:
- Application of lean techniques across the organisation including new product development
- Supply chain optimisation, creating value for the company and its suppliers
- Delivering innovation in product, service and/or price
- Funding new product development and accelerating its introduction to the market.
For more information or to contact the industrials team, please click here.